Excursion “Grozny. Risen from the ashes”
Grozny is a phoenix city, reborn from the ashes in just 10 years. The city was founded in 1818 as the fortress of Grozny, which was part of the Sunzhenskaya fortified line. In 1870, the fortress, which lost its strategic importance, was transformed into the city of Grozny of the Terek region. In the 19th century, the city of Grozny was a major trading and industrial center of the North Caucasus. The rapid growth of the city contributed to the railway and the beginning of the development of oil fields. The main modern landmark and spiritual center is “The Heart of Chechnya” Mosque. The mosque named after Akhmat-Khadji Kadyrov, or as it is also called “The Heart of Chechnya”, is one of the most beautiful and majestic mosques not only of the Chechen Republic, but throughout Eastern Europe. With its grandeur and beauty, the mosque is able to amaze even the most sophisticated esthete.
Excursion to the Kezenoy-Am Lake
Kezenoy-Am, which is also called the “Pearl of the Caucasus”, is located at an altitude of 1870 meters above sea level.
Kezenoy-Am is the largest alpine lake not only in the Chechen Republic, but throughout the North Caucasus. In ancient times, when a mountain collapse blocked the gorges of two small rivers – Khorsum and Kaukhi, below the place of their confluence, behind a giant dam more than 100 m high, the lake spilled. In Soviet times, on the shore of Kezenoy-Am there was an Olympic base for the rowing team. The lake is located in the Vedeno district of the Chechen Republic, near the border with Dagestan, in the zone of beautiful mountain meadows and steppes. Mountain meadows are especially beautiful during the flowering period. Excursion to an ancient village. There is a fortified fortress city named Khoy just in two kilometers away from the western bank of the lake. Its militant and flag towers brood above the canyon. The mountain flanks are furrowed with dozens of artificial benches for farming.
Transfer time: 3 h (one way)
Excursion to the Argun gorge
Part of this excursion takes place along the route, which was important throughout the Soviet Union. The old road leads up the gorge of the swift river Chanty-Argun, then through the mountain passes to Khevsureti, and then to Georgia. On the way you can admire the beautiful waterfall. Water jets break off over a hanging rock from a height of 10.5 meters.The road to Itum-Kali is paved through the limestone rocks. It impresses tourists with its grandeur and beauty. 10 minutes by car from Shatoi on the left, moving towards the Itum-Kale, Nikhaloy waterfalls cascade bring down the water of the Chanti-Argun river. The biggest quest is the road to the waterfall: you need to cross the mountain river along the bridge, climb wide and solid metal stairs upwards. The height of the water fall on the main waterfall is about 33 meters. You will see a hard-to-reach ancient tower on a steep cliff near the village of Bashin-Kali and the famous Ushkaloy twin towers restored in 2011.
Transfer time:2 h (one way)